If you do your own packing, articles such as dishes, table lamps, pictures, and other fragile items must be carefully packed in boxes if they are to arrive at your destination in the same condition prior to moving
- Pack one room at a time.
- Avoid mixing items from different rooms in the same box and make sure to label them, as to the contents and also where to go in your new home.
- Start by packing the out-of-season items.
- Pack the seldom used items next.
- Leave the must-have items last; soap, towels, toiletries, coffee, paper cups and plates, paper towels, Kleenex, medications, etc.
- Do not pack valuables such as jewelry, precious stones, coin & stamp collections or money but carry them with you.
- Do not exceed 50 pounds in weight per box and make sure the lids close flat. Label fragile boxes so movers can pack them carefully on the other items.
- Do not tape your furniture doors or drawers; this can cause damage to the color and finish of your furniture.
- Do not pack dangerous or flammable items such as lighter fluid, paint, oily rags, matches, charcoal, pool chemicals, bleach, oven cleaner or ammunition as they can explode and cause damage to your shipment.